According to the National Crime Records Bureau(NCRB) 2013 annual report, 24,923 rape cases were reported across India in 2012. And it is the fourth most common crime against women's. After incidents like Nirbhaya, Asifa/Kathua, and many other cases where women/girls are raped...we felt ashamed. NO proper judiciary, No help from the goverment, False promises. Scumbags roaming free in the country
So we felt there is a need to write on the topic which will help girls and women's to face the fear with boldness.
1. First and the most basic thing is, always carry a pepper spray with you, whether going to a party, college, or office. Keep in mind, as soon as you step out of your house your pepper spray will help you in that difficult time.
2. Even, you can carry a whistle with you. If you are in any difficulty, maybe you are stuck on an empty road or walking through the road which is dark - if you sense any danger coming your way, just blew the whistle, the sound will scare the perpetrators.
3. Be brave and do not even hesitate to punch on his face. Make sure he bleeds because he truly deserves it(An opinion from a frustrated Indian who want women's to live free without worry). And if you think I am wrong, do correct me.
4. De uthaake...Kick him between his legs if he forces you.
5. Jab your fingers into his eyes. Let him face some pain.
6. If you already know that you will be late tonight, make sure your mobile is fully charged and you have sufficient balance to make calls or message, and most importantly, make sure you are traveling from your own vehicle.
7. It is not a hard and fast rule that you need to be a Karate champion to defend yourself. Just the small techniques which you obviously can search on Google, this will help you a lot.
Vidyut Jamwal will teach you how to prevent yourself.
8. Nail cutter, heels, handbag, spices, hand nails(and that too pointed one), you got everything to prevent yourself. Your bravery is your biggest weapon.
9. Always have your parents, brother, sister or even your close friend's contact number on your speed dial. It will save a lot of time when calling.
11. Always carry a power bank with you, if in case battery discharges.
12. In the worst situation, if he attacks, you know he will be holding you from the back and his hands will be gripped onto your neck, Be brave and kick your high heel on his feet.
Request to all the men out there,
Remember, she has her family who is waiting for her at home and they care her a lot.
Every girl or women deserve an equal respect.
Always remember you have your sister and mother at home and they too are women.
She has an equal right to live a life full of dignity and of freedom.
Believe in women empowerment matlab "Women = Men"
Stay Strong, Stay Brave, Be the Superwomen!!
TAGS: how to prevent yourself from rapist, self defence, girl power